I’ve been in software development since January 1991, and have programmed everything from IBM 370 Assembly Language, PL/I, Rexx, and COBOL to C, C++, and Java. I am an IT consultant and am president and owner of Makoto Consulting Group, where I specialize in Enterprise Application Integration using open source technologies.
I am also a published author. Here is a list of some of my publications:
- Intro to Java Programming, Part I, IBM Developer Works. August 2010.
- Intro to Java Programming, Part II, IBM Developer Works. August 2010.
- OpenID for Java Web Developers, IBM Developer Works. January 2010
- Log4jO’Reilly and Associates. ISBN: 10:0-596-55965-8 (Ebook ISBN: 978-0-596-55965-6). October 2009
- Joda Time, IBM Developer Works, October 2009.
- “Preventing Reverse Engineering: Java Bytecode Obfuscation”, Java Developer’s Journal. May 2004.
- Java Enterprise Best Practices (co-author), O’Reilly and Associates. ISBN: 0596003846. December 2002.
- Java Management Extensions, O’Reilly and Associates. ISBN: 0596002459. June 2002.
- “UML Steps to the Plate”, Application Development Trends, May 1999, pg. 33.
- “UML and Communications”, Distributed Computing, August 1999, pg. 15.
I am huge into open source, and believe it is the future of IT. Check out the Open Source section of my blog to read more about open source.